Modifying the Ork ship a bit and finishing it.

Tale of Romanian Wargamers

Primed black you can’t actually see how many different parts are in this little fellow. I removed the glued chainsword as thinking about it it looked a bit ridiculous. Not a bad thing for Orks but it was already too big for a Brute Ram ship (which is smaller). Not to worry though, i have a plan for the actual Ram ship so it’s not going to be wasted.

Painting was pretty cool however besides Red and White i wanted to add a little yellow at one point. I did a draft and i was not pleased so i removed it. Also while painting i noticed that even if the “engines” were bulky and ok in sprue stage, painted up they look kind of bad. So next time when i do use sprue “rounds” (how i call them) for the engines i will smooth them up with a little sanding. And finally i think the ship needs a few more pointy bits glued to the side but that’s going to be in the future, not now.

So to put it simply, basecoat in black, add details in red, add details in white (random ones) and add some white ‘teeth” on the prow. I am especially proud of those. It doesn’t look pro by any means however it is decently passable for a spaceship game. Last point I’d want to address in the future is the stand but i am not bothered right now.

Tale of Romanian Wargamers


Tale of Romanian Wargamers


Tale of Romanian Wargamers


Tale of Romanian Wargamers

One comment on “Battlefleet Gothic Scratchbuilding: Episode 2: Not Brute Ram ship anymore, but painted

  1. Pingback: Molding and Casting a Battlefleet Gothic Chaos Cruiser | Wargames Romania

Leave a Reply