2nd part of the German camouflage series for Jagdpanzer IV.

The Jagdpanzer IV, Sd.Kfz. 162, was a German tank destroyer based on the Panzer IV chassis and built in three main variants. As one of the casemate-style turretless Jagdpanzer (tank destroyer, literally “hunting tank”) designs, it was developed against the wishes of Heinz Guderian, the inspector general of the Panzertruppen, as a replacement for the Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III). Guderian objected against the needless, in his eyes, diversion of resources from Panzer IV tank production, as the Sturmgeschütz III was still more than adequate for its role.

Officially, only the L/48-armed vehicle was named Jagdpanzer IV. The L/70-armed vehicle was named Panzer IV/70. In this article, both versions are referred to in general as Jagdpanzer IV, except in the variants and surviving vehicles section.

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Panzer Lehr Division – Normandy, July 1944

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Panzer Grenadier Division Brandenburg – Germany, April 1945

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Schwere Panzer Jaeger Abteilung 655 – Western Front, 1945

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Unknown Unit – Eastern Front, July 1944

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Unknown Unit – Eastern Front, March 1945

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Unknown Unit – Germany, 1945

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Unknown Unit – Germany, 1945

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Unknown Unit – Hungary, March 1945

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Unknown Unit – Hungary, 1945

German Camouflage Jagdpanzer IV

Unknown Unit – Hungary, 1945

Images are property of “Earl of Grey” and are reproduced here without any commercial use sought, just for use for fellow modelers.



Leave a Reply