The start of another DBA army by Baicea Eugen.
Sometimes last year i spent some money on getting a Corvus Belli EIR army (Early Imperial Roman). The reasoning behind this was the fact that i had already Gauls and Ancient British painted (check out Gallery if you want to see them) and i needed a classic opponent for them (as their armies are not that different, with allot of Warbands and some Chariots and Cavalry in the mix). Enter the Early Imperial Roman army, with a classic 4 Blades, 4 Auxilia, 1 Artillery and 3 Cavalry units (at least in my mind). Added flexibility with more Blades or Archers is a bonus.
Now, if you know anything about compulsive wargamers is that they buy stuff and then it sits unused for quite allot of time. Which is true for this 15mm army of mine. Only that last week i was reading about the changes in DBA 3 and i got hit (bad) with a desire to play again (solo, until i find an opponent willing to learn the game). And i considered that would be a good motivation to start (and finish) my EIR army. Fast forward this week-end, when i managed (through the drops) to start and finish the 4 x 4Bd elements.
Note to self: always check the contents of your purchases when it arrives. As it happens i had only 14 Blades (but 18 shields) in the pack from Corvus Belli and it is decidedly late to complain about it (8 months later or so) so i had adapt and my bases are actually 3Bd. I will game them as 4Bd and hope nobody will object (my imaginary opponent probably won’t).
Without any further words, here are the pics:
After which is was just a matter of painting the shields and gluing them to the figures which in turn got glued to some Essex Miniatures bases. Basing still to be done but i plan sand with some splashed bushes (which i have to buy). I know the quality of the figures is not that great but check out the size of them in the last picture. Yup, they are actually tiny! And i do miss a good (or two) detail brushes but that’s on the buying list also.